Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
335 Posts
I can't help you but I've been wondering where you were! Long time no see, welcome back!

· Registered
1,861 Posts
Maybe use a piece of soft foam cut into the shape of the opening but slightly smaller. Then search(Pep Boys/Wal-Mart/Auto Zone) for a piece of plastic flat chrome or a "real" chrome flat piece(don't matter what item it is...just that you have enough area to cover the hole) and then "glue" the foam/chrome piece together. Trim to fit "hole" size and install from inside to outside. Use silicone sealer to keep in place. Might match up pretty close. :eek:

It's the best I could do under pressure. :roll:

Bullzeyet

· Registered
749 Posts
I don't know how big the holes are, but, I just got 4 chrome, bullet shaped license plate holders. If they would fit with a chrome washer in the back side they would look pretty good. The license plate holders are about 3/4" diameter. Maybe you could find a couple of chrome skulls about the right size and solder or epoxy a bolt on the back of em and bolt them on with a chrome washer as backing.

· Registered
339 Posts
I did some checking on this problem tonight.

How many people would be interested in a good solution to plug that hole?

Would you prefer it domed, semi flush, or with a downward hook to double as a tie down?

Just fishing for thoughts here.

Mark

edit: Are all the holes the same size between models and between the 1100 and 750?

· Registered
88 Posts
Re: Holes....

I have relocated my signals also and have the holes. THe Sabre's fender rails are the same as the Spirit's but without the holes. They do have a threaded tab on the top near the seat for I'm guessing to attach the seat. You could find a set and replace them. But failing that a set of chrome plugs would be nice. I'd get a set.

· Registered
339 Posts
I called Steve from Hick's Custom machine Works. Steve is going to see what he can come up with for our bikes. :)

I've been wanting to do something about those holes since I moved the lights on both of our bikes. I would like a slightly domed cover/plug for ours.

Mark

· Registered
69 Posts
Have you considered installing a nice set of Saddle Bags? (You have already moved the rear turn signals out of the way.) That would cover the holes and give you a place to carry things as well.

$0.02

· Registered
46 Posts
zikzak said:
I called Steve from Hick's Custom machine Works. Steve is going to see what he can come up with for our bikes. :)

I've been wanting to do something about those holes since I moved the lights on both of our bikes. I would like a slightly domed cover/plug for ours.

Mark
I need someone to donate a strut for prototyping. It can be an old ugly one. Just need one for measurements and test fitting.

· Registered
339 Posts
I know that Steve is working on it.
He just emailed me a couple days ago. I suspect that within a couple weeks or so I will hear more.

In the meantime, it's cool tht you dug up the thread :)

Mark

· Registered
2,530 Posts
Get a set of Leatherlyke saddlebags. They use that hole for the back mounting point.

:twisted: :twisted: :shock: :shock:

BTW...awesome looking bike Killerbee!!

Joe

· Registered
2,616 Posts
I'm surprised there's nothing already there for it. The owner of the custom shop in town was talking to me about moving my turn signals in to the brake light housing, and he seemed to think it would be no trouble to cover that hole. :?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.