Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few pics I managed to take on my aborted trip to Yellowstone.

I ran into a few bugs going from Newburgh, IN to Coralville, IA

We don't have wind generators where I live so I saw these near Williams, IA (nice of them to name a town after me) and got a not so good pic of them in the rain.

This is the view looking North along I35 In Iowa. Ended up riding for around 250 miles in the rain.

Spent the rest of Tuesday with a friend of mine who lives in Mound, MN on Lake Minnetonka. This house until last year belonged to record producer Jimmy Jam and the locals call it the House that Janet Built; Janet being Janet Jackson. To me it almost looks like an office building.

Another neat place on Lake Minnetonka is this little private island with two houses on it and they are nice houses. The only way to get there in the summer is by boat.

On the way up I saw this really neat static display of three T-38's painted in USAF Thunder Bird colors, so on the way back I got off on the county road intending to stop and take a pic but a stinking semi parked itself on my fanny and all I managed was a rolling shot which took a bit of Photoshop to fix.

Sorry there isn't more but Monday I was in 115 degree temps and didn't feel like stopping to take pics then Tuesday 3/4's of the ride was in the rain and I didn't know that I wouldn't be making it out West where I was really intending to take a lot of time to get pictures.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
great pics! thanks for sharin'!

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Great pics, but what caused you to abort the trip? Did I miss that post?

(Edit - never mind...saw your update. Sorry 'bout your trip. Hope you and your wife are doing well!)

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Made it into the doc today and got a shot, cortisone nasal spray and antibiotics, also had fluid in the ear that didn't look infected but wasn't clear either. So now instead of being in Miles Mt today I'm sitting at home.

This Sucks

But it beats flying off a switchback if vertigo hit.....well maybe it beats that...g

1 - 5 of 5 Posts