Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I posted this in the wrong section so here it is again:

I know that this has been beat to death a thousand times. I have done research I know the basics on how all three of these controllers work but I'm hoping that you can help me out based on your experiences.

I'm riding a 2012 Phantom with Cobra Powrflo intake and V&H short shots. I live in the Rockys where I can be at 7000' or sea level depending on where I go. Does anybody have experience with these controllers in these types of elevation changes?

I know the PCV + Autotuner is probably the best bet but I don't have $800 to drop, plus my exhaust doesn't have O2 sensor spots.

Thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
Fi2000 PowrPro Tuner

I think I posted this in the wrong section so here it is again:

I know that this has been beat to death a thousand times. I have done research I know the basics on how all three of these controllers work but I'm hoping that you can help me out based on your experiences.

I'm riding a 2012 Phantom with Cobra Powrflo intake and V&H short shots. I live in the Rockys where I can be at 7000' or sea level depending on where I go. Does anybody have experience with these controllers in these types of elevation changes?

I know the PCV + Autotuner is probably the best bet but I don't have $800 to drop, plus my exhaust doesn't have O2 sensor spots.

Thanks

Fi2000 PowrPro Tuner

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Personally I'm a fan of dynojet stuff after having the powervison2 tuner on my current bike. LOTS of tunablity aspects and more than just tuning. It can monitor, auto tune without an additional auto tune kit. stores multiple tunes, change ignition timing, speedometer calibrations, reads engine codes, and live feeds of measurable things (engine/ oil temp, rpm, etc). I can even make adjustments on the tuner it's self without having to go make changes to a tune on the computer. I realize this tuner is not available for shadows, but it shows what kind of technology Dynojet has over the other guys who only do air/ fuel tuning for the most part.

I have also had some experience with the power commander 5, I installed one on my cousin's CBR500 and it was a nice upgrade and made a nice little bump when combined with his slip-on pipe. and install was fairly easy as well as getting a new tune downloaded is easy.

The power commander 5 even with auto tune can be had for around $600 very easily, not sure where you got the figures for $800, or if you didnt shop around at all and went with MSRP. I picked up my Power vision 2 for $150 under MSRP.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Power Commander all the way. Its the safest way to go as it monitors the proper vitals (not crank position which tells you NOTHING about your a/f mixture) and is totally customizable. I got the non spark version and loaded a map from a guy with Autotune and HOLY CRAP you cannot imagine the difference. I will be going AT-300 eventually so i dont have to rely on someone else.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. I got 800 from a shop here in Calgary that included the auto tune + welding of the O2 bungs. I will wait and see if the price comes down now that the price of oil is dropping like crazy.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Yea, even with the welding, thats a bit high still. If you took your pipes off and down to the local muffler shop they would most likely weld them for you, for about $20 id say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts