Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and couldn't come up with anything useful so will ask the question here.

OK, I have been talked into a full face helmet but am going to compromise and get the Modular style. I want to be able to flip it up at long traffic delays and lights and get some fresh air. I also have tried them on and they are much easier for me to slip over my fat head.

I have narrowed my choices down to two, both offered by Jafrum. One is a polycarbonate constructed helmet and the other is a fiberglass constructed helmet. Since it is a proven fact that injuries are reduced or prevented by the amount of energy absorbed and dissipated by a helmet ( which minimizes the energy transfered to the brain ), which material would you pick ?

I do not care of it gets scared up, ripped apart or whatever in a crash, I care more about the integrity of the helmet and it staying in one piece.

What is your honest opinions and which would you choose ?

Chris

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just a comment about Jafrum helmets. I ordered a modular and had to exchange it for a full face because of my "big head". It was a little too tight in the chin area. You may want to order a size larger than you figure you need - could save you return shipping costs.

It was a poly and I liked everything about it except the poor fit in the chin area. It was an XL. The full face helmet, XL, fits okay.

Ride Safe!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.