Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is zero. I don't know a whole lot about motorcycles. Reading through the forums I'm realizing I don't know what jetting is or what a manometer is (though I figured it out through some deep forum lurking).
Anyhow, I'm excited to learn everything I can about this bike and get her up and running!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Jetting is what you have to do to change the carb fuel/air mix after hanging 'I wanna sound like a Harley', 'loud pipes save lives' stuff on your ride. Louder usually means less back pressure and most (not all) pipes require a re-jet. The fuel/air ratio on these motors are a big deal and not jetting usually results in your new chrome babies turning blue or decel popping.

Manometers are for balancing multiple carbs air intake so they perform the same. Essential for older models, many current bikes (Rebel, Aero, Spirit and late model VLX) are single carb meaning you don't have to sweat it.

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
Word. Welcome to the site, verified human!!! Please feel free to search our massive repository of technical information, general discussions about riding, and ample selection of mildly entertaining assholery which we participate in with all due vigor!

Seriously though, welcome!

:lol: :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.