Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as some as you may recall, three months ago I took a nasty spill.

Original Thread: http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/53-general-discussion/99530-went-down-hard.html

Post Surgery Update: http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/53-general-discussion/99820-surgery-update.html

The bike has been at my brother's house while I've been staying with my parents. It turns out that when you only have one arm that works it's difficult to live alone without assistance.

Went over to visit my 13 month old niece and had to step out to check on the bike. As could be expected it's in worse condition than I was lead to believe while I was still hospitalized. Beyond the crushed bars, headlight, instruments visible in the previous photos the rear turn signals have an oddly symmetrical damage. The tank has a pretty serious dent, too.

Not that I'm going to be riding anytime soon. I've had two PT sessions, with my third on Monday. You would not believe have insanely painful it is. Right now we're just worked on strengthening the muscles that hold the shoulder in socket, with the hope that it will, ya know, actually pull my shoulder INTO the socket.

I still have _very_ little movement in my left shoulder. From the elbow down it's gotten a LOT better, but the shoulder is still not so good. From stretching it looks like there's some good potential for movement, even raising it above shoulder level. I can't actually move it like that on my own, but the potential is there!

I've cut down to half my original level of pain killers, but some days I wish I hadn't!

I'm going to start tracking down parts and try to get everything together so that I can get the bike fixed up and running when I'm capable of riding it again.

Take care out there folks. Have fun and be safe.

Zed

ps: Just for fun, here's my shoulder:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Good to hear for ya Zed. Nice to know your getting better. You'll be back to riding soon enough.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Nice to know Zed's not dead man, Zed's not dead :wink:

Best wishes for a quick healing and getting back in that saddle :D

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I don't think we've met but just read through your accident thread. My thoughts and prayers are being sent your way for a speedy recovery. And good on ya for wanting to get back in the saddle! :)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the well wishes; I'll even take the prayers ;). I'm off to PT first thing in the morning again. I figure if I don't do it in the morning I'll be too tired to do it in the evening.

I also just heard from my neighbor that she can't take of of my animals for the next week, so I guess I'm moving back home sooner than I had planned! I'm sure my critters will be happy about that, and I'll be glad to be back with my pack, but it's frustrating trying to keep a house with one arm.

Ever try to mop a house with one arm? It ain't easy! on the bright side I've got most of the lamps set up to work with a remote, that sure makes life easier!

Here's some good news though, my brother sent me a video of the bike running. Woohoo! So she still needs lots of work but at least she's still solid at her core. Gotta love these bikes.

Life is hard, but you know I'll be back with updates when I can.

Peace,
Zed

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hope ya get well soon!

Just don't try to do too much too soon. Nothing sucks worse than being on the road to recovery and screwing it up by pushing past your limits. Give the PT some time and do what the Doc says and you should be on the road again soon!

And don't worry so much about the bike. I bet it'll cost a h*ll of a lot less to fix it that the bill for getting you fixed up!:shock::mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts