Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally collected all the parts I need to start, so.. I started...

Laced my front wheel, replaced the 19" stock aluminum Goldwing rim with a steel H-D style 16" X 3" rim.

Doesn't look like much yet, but installed the bearing races, removed all the tabs, centrestand mount, and exhaust bracket... the top frame rails are coming out after I've got it to "roller" status.

I didn't even know that my buddy took this, but here's my greasy butt. It's about minus 20 degrees outside in this pic, and the garage is being heated with a mini Herman Nelson, works like a charm. Keeps it at about a steady 7-10 degrees celsius.

My triple trees and fork sliders are being blasted this week, and will be painted by the weekend, so I can get 'em put on, and I'm waiting for my swingarm (longer DOHC swingarm, being narrowed to fit) so i can get the rear wheel (also a 16 X 3) installed.

I'm hoping to be done by the start of June.

·
Registered
10,170 Posts
Spokes?!?!? What a pain in the butt to keep clean! And no quick patching when ya get a nail.....

They do look good though.....

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Waddya suggest? Comstars? :D :wink:

Actually, I found a stock CB750 hub laced to a 16 X 3" rim on EBay... and it was cheap.

I decided to go with the 16" front because of it... and I like spokes. yeah, they'll cause some headaches... so be it.

·
Registered
1994 Honda Shadow VT1100C. 1993 Honda VF750C Magna.
1,379 Posts

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love European stuff... home of the true ratbike. Noone rides a bike like a despatch rider.

That's a seriosuly cool looking bike, Collector, thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts