Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the time , and the wife is out of town. Now I can get something done. The plan is to redo my lower sliders with basecoat /clear, and do the same to my cast aluminum wheels, which will require more than enough detail taping off. I got the sliders sanded and primer last evening, and later to day after work I'll stop by the body shop and try to pick the color I need. I'm thinking either med. gray metallic for the sliders, and gloss black for the rim spokes? it's killing me to have the bike torn down now, I miss it already , and it's only two days.:shock: I guess the only way to get it back, is to really get on it.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I decided to go black for something different. I picked a GM black, and used extra hardner, may they'll be less likely to chip up. Now I'm using that black to accent the center of my rims also, which is going to be a lot of taping, but it has to be done.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice job, looks good. I want to do the same to my bobber. Make sure we see the wheels when you're done.
Thanks, I'd like to the whole bike with black, and bob the rear fender,black rear shocks , and black out the engine , but the engine would have to come out, and I still have to paint the front of my son's car, and finish my wife's swing. LOL I'm lucky to slide this job in for myself. I'm still on the fence about the rims too. Either shoot the ruff cast spokes black , and be done with it, or polish the aluminum,spray the black, and then clear coat the whole rim to seal in the polish job. I guess it depends on how much time the tape job is going to take. I'll post a before and after on the rims for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.