Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a question I have a 97 1100 Shadow ACE and when i got it it ran great just didn't charge so i could only ride during the day recently it quit on me and isn't getting no fire at all now was wondering if the coils might have went bad because the stator wasn't no good?thanks in advance and God Bless

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,210 Posts
Both coils suddenly quitting, going bad would be rare.
The kill switch can kill the spark.
Look at the 3 yellow wire's connector from the stater to the regulator.
It is famous for heating and melting the connections.
It may be your charging problem which might also lead to low voltage and weak ignition.
Jump the battery with a non-running car battery so you can crank it up and test what is happening.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot i would have never even thought of checking out the three yellow wires running between the stater and regulator going to check them out now

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello got a question on my 97 vt1100 ace have no fire checked the three wires running from stator to rectifier two was in half repaired them still no fire was told that the coils rarely go bad so im at a stand still now any advice? Thanks in advance im clueless when it comes to a bike this is my first

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,210 Posts
The 3 yellow wires are for the charging system. So they don't cause a no spark situation.
Make sure the kill switch is ON.
Jump the battery with a non running car battery to have all the crank power you need.
If it still doesn't have spark check the fuses.
Check for power at the black/white wires to the coils and ignition unit.

Get into a manual and see how to measure the resistance of the pulse generators.

Reactions: Troy Jollimore
1 - 5 of 5 Posts