Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 03 Spirit 750 last Sunday and have been reading posts on and off this past week. There is some really great info on this forum.

What do you think, is $3,000 for this bike with 4500 miles too much?

I ordered a Clymer manual for valve adjustment instructions and after reading the forum I am already wanting to switch to a 39t rear sprocket when I change the rear tire this summer.

Do many folks here change the tires themselves? I am a do-it-yourself kind of guy and since the tires are tubed thought it might be do-able.

I took the MSF course and am just waiting for nice weather. By they way, I am supprised how much power the 750 has especially since I am almost 200 lbs. Thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That sounds like a really good price for an '03 w/ such little milage. There's an '03 or '04 Shadow 750 w/ more miles (among others) that I see frequently on craigslist here in the Portland area going for around $5K.

The Clymer books are always good to have, I've got one for my 1100. Sorry I don't know much about changing the tires myself, or the sprocket (all my Shadows have been shafties)

·
Registered
204 Posts
I bought my 02 with 2200 miles on it last september for 3800.00 came with cobra pipes, jet kit, sissy bar, hypercharger already installed. I'd say 3 grand is a real good price for yours.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I paid more than that for my '03 last april. I'd say you got a good deal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
id say you did good. i have a 03 spirit and love it. i gave 5 for it a few weeks ago, but that includes tax, title, doc fee and about 500 in acc. it had been lowered and the pipes are now modified and sound great! i think youll like it... btw... snow and ice here too... sucks having a new toy and not able to play with it huh, lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
:D I think you did a GREAT deal.
For your info, I paid 4000 for mine, it was 2004, the bike model is 750CC ACE 2000MY.
In my case the bike was also at 4500miles. I'm still very happy with my acquisition

Another that must be considered for pricing is the accessories. In my case I got light bar and floorboard, that I like a lot!

Congratulations!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I feel good now.

Thanks for the info guys, I feel good about the purchase. Although some of you got some extras, this is a bone stock bike. Here is a picture, as you can see, its a little dirty from going through the mud at the honda shop parking lot for an inspection. But that will be taken care of as soon as I can get it out.

If you have any suggestions for windshields that would be the right hight for someone 5 foot 7 inches let me know. If you want to include your prefrences for sissy bars/luggage rack and saddle bags too that would be cool.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks like a good deal to me. :)

As far as changing your own tires, go for it. Ive changed the ones on mine, front and back, 3-4 times since '03. The sprocket change is pretty simple while you have the tire assembly pulled.

Before you start changing the tire tho, make sure you have some tire tools, and a good way to hold the thing down while you work on it.

Yall ride safe...
TJ

·
Registered
190 Posts
pokey,

If you have any suggestions for windshields that would be the right hight for someone 5 foot 7 inches let me know. If you want to include your prefrences for sissy bars/luggage rack and saddle bags too that would be cool.
Really nice looking bike, and looks from photo like it's in good shape, and the price was right in my opinion.

I got my 2002 750 Spirit last Sep 12 with 1,600 miles on it for $3,500. It had Willie & Max slant throw over bags and a Memphis windshield.

I'm just over 5'-8" and the Memphis Big Shot (20") is just about right for me. ( http://www.memphisshades.com/big_shot.shtml except mine is the gradient black instead of the orange on the link.) It puts the airflow around the top of my helmet, and I can see over the top of it. It can also be adjusted vertically about 1-1/2" and I prefer the clean look without the visible chrome reinforcing strips.

For sissy bar I have the Cobra standard height. The quality is excellent and I think it looks good. No luggage rack, and I replaced the W&M throwover slant bags with Victory semi-hard bags (after moving rear blinkers back).

Rick

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Re: Thanks, I feel good now.

pokey said:
If you have any suggestions for windshields that would be the right hight for someone 5 foot 7 inches let me know.
Iam 5'-8 i have a 20" windshield on my SS750 and the height is just right
you can adjust the angle too so you can get the wind flow perfect.

you want to be able to see just over the top. so dont get it too tall.

droy

·
Registered
190 Posts
There's that white bike again :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts