Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone
Got a 2000 Honda Shadow Ace 750, I believe deluxe not sure sure what the differences are. She’s been used quite a bit with 40k miles on it. It’s my first bike and my beginner bike. I’ve already driven for a couple weeks and start with the forward controls extensions. Half through the install which is why I stopped been a lurker and joined. Just realized I have aftermarket forward controls that don’t work with the extension so now I’m looking for the oem ones. If anyone has some that they want to sell to me on me or respond on this thread.

here’s the bike. Don’t mind the mess in the garage Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Welcome. I'd keep the ones you have. Look like maybe Mapam or Restyling brand. A good all round position. I found the forward relocating kits a bit too far for comfort after a couple hours or days.

Reactions: "Captain D"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I like the ones I have but I wanted to see how the extenders felt. I’m 6’4” and feel like I need to stretch out the legs a bit more. This morning I figured out that I should just use the mapams with the extenders. I’ll see how that goes. If anything I’ll revert back and send back the extender kit

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Thanks. I like the ones I have but I wanted to see how the extenders felt. I’m 6’4” and feel like I need to stretch out the legs a bit more. This morning I figured out that I should just use the mapams with the extenders. I’ll see how that goes. If anything I’ll revert back and send back the extender kit
For you, they may work OK then. They were a stretch with my 32" inseam.. You would still need some oem pegs and brackets.

If still interested, I have 2 sets of the extenders laying around.

See this thread: New forward control extensions!

·
Registered
2001 VT750 Shadow Spirit
252 Posts
Welcome to the shadow world. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone

I bought the tcbrothers extender kit. I put most of it together last night with mapam and ran into two issues. First is the shifter pedal side is much further than the rod they sent, because of the mapam pedals if it was oem it would fit perfect. And second it’s ram far with both on. how the mapams were original give it a 4 inch extension plus the tc brothers kit it’s a good 10 inches. Would have to keep my knees locked all the time to reach. I’m just going to send the tc brother extender back and wait until I get my hands on oem pedals set to try it out.

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
1,717 Posts
Welcome to the forum from West Chester, PA. Good looking bike ya got there. Don't worry about the 40,000 miles. Take care of these and they will run a lot longer than that. Almost 80,000 on my 2001 Spirit 750. Others here have listed much higher mileage. you should enjoy it once you get the foot pegs/controls figured out. have fun, stay alert and ride often.
Wheel Self-propelled artillery Tank Tire Fuel tank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts