Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't ridden a bike of any kind since riding dirt bikes as a kid 20+ years ago, and recently decided I wanted to start riding. After looking at Shadows, the Suzuki Boulevard M50, and the Yamaha V Star I settled on the Shadow and began looking for the right bike.

Found this one, a 2001 Shadow ACE Deluxe. It had a few more miles on it than I would have liked at 29,000, but came from an owner that I know personally and who was meticulous about service and maintenance, and is in absolutely outstanding shape.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Beautiful looking ace. 29,000 miles is nothing. Proper maintenance is everything. She will give you MANY more miles easily. There are members here with well over 100,000 miles and still going strong. Congrats and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
Good looking bike, but its missing something ? ... Oww the Shadow Tank Emblems.
I really like the ones they put on that model. IMHO, :)

and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Haven't ridden a bike of any kind since riding dirt bikes as a kid 20+ years ago, and recently decided I wanted to start riding. After looking at Shadows, the Suzuki Boulevard M50, and the Yamaha V Star I settled on the Shadow and began looking for the right bike.

Found this one, a 2001 Shadow ACE Deluxe. It had a few more miles on it than I would have liked at 29,000, but came from an owner that I know personally and who was meticulous about service and maintenance, and is in absolutely outstanding shape.

Nice looking bike sans the tank emblems. 29K miles is nothing to be sorry for, actually low miles and sounds well taken care of. The wire spoked rims need some extra care to keep them shiny and prevent corrosion. ;)

·
Registered
649 Posts
good looking Ace, just got mine also, with 10k miles on it, going to be doing the rear sprocket swap soon, since my chain is maxed out on adjustment.

·
Registered
52 Posts
howdy, twenty year gaps are popular. I had one tooo.

welcome, where ya located?

lotsa miles and smiles to ya
ken

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Athens, GA....(reminiscing)....in the early-mid 70's I lived in Marietta and was crazy about a girl in Athens, we were both too young to drive and it seemed like we were worlds apart....OH! Motorcycles! Right! So ,yeah, anyway, that sure is a sweet looking Ace there...welcome to the forum!

·
Read Only
2,714 Posts

For that age bike, that's really NOT that much mileage. Heck! My bike is 2 years NEWER, and I've got almost twice that many miles on mine!
Sounds to me like you got a really good deal. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
good looking Ace, just got mine also, with 10k miles on it, going to be doing the rear sprocket swap soon, since my chain is maxed out on adjustment.
Please tell me you are replacing the chain also? A larger sprocket is not a fix for a stretched chain.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Welcome to the forum and welcome back to two wheels.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts