Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my first bike and I'm loving it! Let me know what y'all think and any suggestions for improvements.

Attachments

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,501 Posts
Welcome. That thing is a beauty !
You might want a few extra lights for visibility and safety to be better seen .

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome! nice bike!
As you ride it and get the feel of it you will find some things that you like and don't like. It'll evolve with you as you go.
Ride safe! Keep your eyes on everything

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Nice Bike! You might consider taking a motorcycle safety course if you haven't already.
Definitely worth taking, and even with lots of experience I’d recommend the course. However, with that said, I took it after riding probably around 20,000 miles over the past 2.5 years. I also watch lots of youtube videos on riding AND crashes.

By the time I took the course I already knew and had practiced most of what we covered during the course. Naturally, it made passing the course a breeze for me (perfect score on riding skills, missed 1 question on written exam), which also made it fun since I wasn’t struggling to actually learn how to ride. The part that sucked was spending 6 hours round-trip at the DPS office to get my temporary MC license; Texas DPS sucks! Now I have to wait 1-2 weeks for them to send me my photo ID, unlike other states I’ve lived in where you walk out with your photo ID from the DMV in an hour or so. Then, in a couple more weeks I have to trade it in for an SC driver’s license. :serious:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!

Welcome. That thing is a beauty !
You might want a few extra lights for visibility and safety to be better seen .
Thanks! Additional lights is actually #2 on my list of things to do. I wanted to add crash bars first, then a light bar with additional lights.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Safety course

Definitely worth taking, and even with lots of experience I’d recommend the course. However, with that said, I took it after riding probably around 20,000 miles over the past 2.5 years. I also watch lots of youtube videos on riding AND crashes.

By the time I took the course I already knew and had practiced most of what we covered during the course. Naturally, it made passing the course a breeze for me (perfect score on riding skills, missed 1 question on written exam), which also made it fun since I wasn’t struggling to actually learn how to ride. The part that sucked was spending 6 hours round-trip at the DPS office to get my temporary MC license; Texas DPS sucks! Now I have to wait 1-2 weeks for them to send me my photo ID, unlike other states I’ve lived in where you walk out with your photo ID from the DMV in an hour or so. Then, in a couple more weeks I have to trade it in for an SC driver’s license. :serious:
Yeah I definitely didn't have the experience ha. I rode my bike a couple times before I went to see where my weaknesses were and what needed the most attention. So for someone starting from scratch it was definitely worth it. I wish I could have used my bike for the course however. The safety course here your bike can't be any bigger than 550. So I had to use one of the training bikes they had which was a Suzuki TU250. That made a big difference (at least for a beginner) going between the two sizes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks!

Welcome! nice bike!
As you ride it and get the feel of it you will find some things that you like and don't like. It'll evolve with you as you go.
Ride safe! Keep your eyes on everything
Thanks! So far I'm loving everything about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts