Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully my last. Was tuning my carbs and ent for a test ride. hit a patch of gravel in a corner and went down. Im ok except for a broken tibia and fibia. going for suegery

Registered
Oh dear, sorry to hear that.
That will mess up summer.
Pop back up soon and recover quickly.
Rapid shin repair prayers are coming your way.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
just talked to the surgeon, theyre putting a steel rod in my fibia. It should compliment the two steel plates in my right arm nicely. Couple more breaks and I could classify as an android. I feel alright now but thats because they have me on morphine and ketamine. Gotta love that Canadian health care. The biggest downside to this is that I wont be able to ride i. the memorial ride I planned for my dad. I organized a great ride and bbq and am expecting 30 to 40 of my dads closest friends and I wont be able to ride. fml

Registered
Sorry to hear of your injuries. Get well soon !
You had that blue Corvette bike looking so good. But it all can be fixed including skin and bones.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys. I havent seen the bike yet but my buddy went and retrieved it from the ditch for me and says it doesnt look that bad. I have lots of time to fix it since I wont be able to ride again for 8 to 10 weeks. Thats assuming my wife will let me, lol.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
just came out of surgery. Dr. says everything went according to plan but they want to monitor me for 48 hours. Apparently they are watching for the swelling because of something called compression syndrome, which is when the swelling cuts of circulation and can result in amputation in rare instances. So I really hope that it heals nicely.

Registered
Heal up quickly. You have unfortunately sent out a reality reminder to be careful and properly suited up. I'm glad the surgery went well.

Registered
Pretty cool that they can put in a metal torsion rod and the body works with that to heal . And screws to hold it in place. Amazing medicine.
Man that may be very handy when sitting over a sensor in the road to trigger the traffic lights. Just put you foot down over the sensor and it will change.

Sorry I just had a flash of crazy and hope it will give you a laugh. :roll:

Registered
Man that's going to be handy at the traffic lights!
That will offset the additional beeping hassle at the airport.

They always seem to make it look like a carpentry repair.
Do surgeons work from a hardware catalog or just reach into the tool box?

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
they use surgical stainless steel so It wont be tripping any stop lights or metal detectors. I have two plates in my right wrist and been through many airports and never set off a metal detector yet. Of course the plated are a lot smaller than the pin in my leg but same metal. Im glad I live in Canada because apparently that pin in my leg cost $4000 and its all mine for completely free.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
About this Discussion
52 Replies
22 Participants
smurfy71
Honda Shadow Forums
Welcome to Honda Shadow Forum. Come in and discuss any Honda Shadow models: VT1100, VT250, VT750 and the VT500.
Full Forum Listing