Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my first long ride today on my bike. I rode with some friends out to Shenandoah National Park and back. I rode 202.1 miles today, the longest I've ridden thus far. AND I LOVED IT!! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Oh you went for a coffee! ...hahaha just kidding lol
Lot's of Deer out that way I hear, beautiful country side.

Keep it up eh! it's addictive :)

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Beautiful country out that way :) Congrats!! Ain't it great? Already planning your next trip? *grin*

·
Registered
99 Posts
That sounds great, the longest I've done in one day is 169 mi. but we used a whole Saturday and stopped to enjoy the view along the way.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Good ride. And it is do much better on a bike, isn't it? :)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Beautiful area out there... been 30 years since I rode up Skyline Dr. Lot of history out that way. Harper's Ferry, etc. Good to get rides like that in once in a while.

Once every few weeks I get a 250 mile ride in going from Mass. to Maine or Connecticut and back to visit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Rode out there a few weeks ago (from Chantilly). Great ride! Looking forward to doing it again in the fall.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beautiful country out that way :) Congrats!! Ain't it great? Already planning your next trip? *grin*
I am planning a long weekend trip to Virginia Beach, maybe in September, when it's not quite as hot.

@Kingshead - I am still trying to figure out how to post full size pics in my posts on here.

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
I am planning a long weekend trip to Virginia Beach, maybe in September, when it's not quite as hot.

@Kingshead - I am still trying to figure out how to post full size pics in my posts on here.
Use a photobucket account, they're free. Upload pics to account, hover over desired pic, share, get link code, full size, select all, copy, then paste in post. This will also work for editing your signature.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
great pic! sounds like had a great time! i'm happy for ya! :D

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
. . [email protected] - I am still trying to figure out how to post full size pics in my posts on here.
Yeah, me too. A month ago, all I could post was the big ones; now I can't remember how. Once again, CRAFT. Thanks, Kingshead for the reminder.

Staying on topic, I remember Skyline in the Blue Ridge--relaxing, easy, beautiful ride. Made me remember a lot of history. Just enuf curves to keep it interesting.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
nice long rides are amazing just to sit back and take in all the sites feel the road with nothing to do but ride

·
Registered
296 Posts
Nice ride, glad you enjoyed it, they are addictive. I put just over 350 mi on mine this weekend.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Keep your ride photos coming!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts