Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticing that even though the forum is called hoot '07 all but one post on here are about previous years. I just wanted to get whatever info I could for 2007, so here is what I've learned so far:

HondaHoot.com said:
Honda Hoot™ XIV returns to Knoxville, Tennessee and the Great Smoky Mountains June 20-23, 2007.

The Hoot 2006 was attended by over 16,000 people who immersed themselves in four days of motorcycling magic.

Honda Hoot 2007 brochures will be available in early January 2007 and we will begin accepting requests in December 2006.

On-line registration will open by mid-January 2007.
Mid January is coming up quick, and I'm excited since this will probably be the first rally I'll be able to go to, ever. I have some questions for those that have gone before:

1. How far ahead do hotels seem to book up?

2. How realistic is it to try to take it all in in one day?

3. If I only have 1 day there, is it even worth going? (work may conflict)

Thank you in advance for your advice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, I JUST got the "Pre"-flier for this years Hoot, 07 today. I'll post some of the info in the next few days. I live in Oak Ridge, but my custom paint shop in Knoxville. Hope to have a "stop" set up early in the week so Hooters can stop in! Gonzo and his wife came in last year, Didn't see anywhere he was bragging, but he got 3rd in the Custom Show!!! He's got an AWESOME bike!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey True! I'm going to the Hoot this year. I already sent in my registration and made the motel reservations. My only concern (small one really) is riding from Jackson to Knoxville on Tuesday. I know I-40 is the fastest way but I'm not a big interstate fan. Not much of an option though if you want to do the ride in one day I guess.

From checking it out online and in the brochure there are a LOT of things going on. If you can only make one day check out the link beowulf left and pick your favorite. Let me know when and how you are going there if you decide to make it.

I'm hoping some of the other CMAers or somebody from Jackson goes so we can ride along together.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'll be there for my first hoot. Made motel reservations and the wife and I are ready to go. Any other from Kansas going? Or the Kansas City area?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey everyone, anybody thats coming in for the HOOT, If you need a place to stop and do something to your bike (or relax!!), I'm gonna open up our shop (its kinda small) and parking lot and have the toolbox ready if anyone is in need. Gonzo came in outta Texas last year, we got to hang out abit. The shop is only about 5 miles form the Fairgrounds and 2 miles form downtown, right on a main highway, (2 blocks from the Honda shop!!) Shop phone number is 865-689-1178. Its an open invitation! Donny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts