Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just my first post but wanted to ask if it is possible to rotate the brake lever forward on the rotational axis to have it be less vertical. If it is possible, is there an easy guide as to how to do it? Thanks!

(2003 VT750DC)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
You might have some adjustment in the rod that goes back to the rear brake lever.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Compare the relative position of your brake lever to the attached picture and you will see that yours has a significant amount of bend.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Your brake lever is bent, you need to get it fixed!
^^^ that. There is some adjustment, but you need to either replace or unbend yours to put it in the right position. I'd suggest a replacement because its damaged, and therefore maybe compromised.

Oh, and welcome to the Forum.

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
The camera angle makes it look bent. I am not sure but you may have a bolt head stopping it from being lower. It is also adjustable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all! I will be looking for a new part just to be safe. It seems to sit too vertical. Even with the new part would it be possible to put the actual pedal on a closer level to the peg (less vertical, more horizontal)?

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
and welcome to the forum. :)

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Thanks all! I will be looking for a new part just to be safe. It seems to sit too vertical. Even with the new part would it be possible to put the actual pedal on a closer level to the peg (less vertical, more horizontal)?
The Pedal attaches to a threaded rod that runs under the bike. It has adjustment at both ends which will let you rotate the pedal the pivot. Shortening the rod by turning the bolts will rotate the pedal forward, effectively lowering it and moving it further away from the rider. I can take a pic of mine tomorrow if that would help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts