Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 1994 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100
The guy had to replace the gear lever but now the side mirror faces the wrong direction when screwed in. Any help?

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad you could join us.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
I have a new 1994 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100
The guy had to replace the gear lever but now the side mirror faces the wrong direction when screwed in. Any help?
Welcome aboard. As a new bike owner and looks like a new rider, correct terminology is vastly important when asking for help with a problem. When you said the previous owner replaced the "gear lever" I thought you meant shift lever which is no where near the mirror mounts. I guessing they replaced the clutch lever assy. and mirror due to a spill or dump. You'll need to loosen the adjustment nuts on the mirror stems in order to get it faced in the right direction. If that doesn't work then he replaced the wrong mirror and put a right hand mirror on the left hand side if applicable. With my Kawasaki mirrors weren't interchangeable, you had to have a right mirror for the right hand side and vice versa. If you put a right hand mirror on the left hand side it would be backwards. I suggest investing in a repair manual to help you along.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The lever on the handlebar is on the left side. It was replaced with a different model apprently. The mirror fits in backwards. It is the right mirror I just think the part might have come from a different bike. Were you telling me I could adjust the bolt assembly that holds the mirror on?

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
The lever on the handlebar is on the left side. It was replaced with a different model apprently. The mirror fits in backwards. It is the right mirror I just think the part might have come from a different bike. Were you telling me I could adjust the bolt assembly that holds the mirror on?
I don't see how that's possible if it's the right mirror. Can you post a picture?

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
Yes. Hold the mirrors stem and loosen the nut just above where the mirror mounts. Move the mirror to the desired position and retighten the nut. Should stay in place then.

·
Premium Member
4,593 Posts
welcome aboard. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts