Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at all of the options for Shadow bikes and noticed that there are multiple models (Spirit, Phantom, etc.). I'm a new rider, but looking to get a bike that will age with me (as in I'd like something I can grow into). I'm 6' tall also, so seat height should match me as well. Any advice?

·
Premium Member
8,857 Posts
In town, I would go with the Spirit or RS, mainly due to that thinner front tire... But for more highway use, the Phantom or Aero with the thicker front tire may be preferable..

But they will all get the job done.

The RS does have limited fuel capacity though, which doesn't make it the ideal bike for longer distances, in my opinion.

·
Registered
7,877 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Honestly, at 6' any of the 750 shadows will seem small and cramped if you ask me.

I'm 5'9" and the aero controls would kill my knees on any ride over 45min or so. And I'm a young feller at 21. So you'll be looking at extended forward controls right off the bat, or I'd say look into the larger framed 1000cc bikes if they tickle your fancy.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
I'm looking at all of the options for Shadow bikes and noticed that there are multiple models (Spirit, Phantom, etc.). I'm a new rider, but looking to get a bike that will age with me (as in I'd like something I can grow into). I'm 6' tall also, so seat height should match me as well. Any advice?
It depends upon what you want to use the bike for. City driving, highway and cruising, one up or with a passenger. Then check out the dealers and find a bike that fits you and meets your needs. Don't limit your search to Honda Shadows, check out the competition bikes and take them out for a test drive. Personally I like the feel and looks of the Kawasaki 900 LT Custom, but never have driven one.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I am 6'3 and the newer 750 Shadows are way too cramped. Short seat height and close foot pegs are not the best combination for taller people. Even the 1100s could stand more room.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Yamaha Vstar 1300. Grab a used one....excellent bang for the buck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts