Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning the the Mrs. informed me that she wouldn't be going into work. Since she needed the car for the day, I was left with 3 choices, call in to work and be out, Take the 1:45 minute train ride from Middletown, NY into the Penn Station or pack a bag. jump into the leathers, and finally use the ShadowRS for what I got it for, commuting.

I decided to take it nice and easy, especially in the city. Once I crossed the Washington Bridge, I decided to take Riverside Drive from Washington Heights south to mid-town. I highly recommend Riverside over the H. Hudson Parkway. Great ride about 80 miles door to door.

Anyways, glad to put my anxiety about riding the bike in city traffic behind me. If you do it, stay alert. Don't rush anything. Keep the scan going, and all should be ok.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
congrats!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Sweet!! I would like to try it once...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I gotta say, can't wait for Corbin or Mustang to put out a better seat for this bike. I like taking long rides but I don't know if I can do this everyday on the stock seat.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Manhattan drivers are crazy. Taking it easy I still managed to total a car in Manhattan one time. That was quite a few years back, and I still would never dream of driving there again. Of course living on the opposite coast that isn't an issue for me these days.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Glad you were able to get some of your anxiety behind you. I've commuted regularly through Vegas, San Francisco and LA traffic and I still have anxiety. I actually quit my last job because I dreaded riding down the 405 freeway in LA everyday.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
80 miles is a long drive to work and back. Thats almost 3 hours of just driving. My hat is off to you.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I would have called in... Pointed the bike North and gone for a ride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
80 miles is a long drive to work and back. Thats almost 3 hours of just driving. My hat is off to you.
Thanks I do it Mon-Fri, but I'll be using the bike maybe once a week now, gotta save on gas wherever you can. Been getting 62MPG on the RS and loving it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@ Lantesh, the pedestrians and messenger pedal bikes scare me alot more. I guess I'm a little desensitized to the drivers.

@Gadget Bandit, I agree great commuter bike, now if someone would just make an improved seat for it, I would use it for my commute a few times a week maybe more. BTW, I joined the FB page under JoseRoz

1 - 13 of 13 Posts