Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, After putting over 20K miles on the plugs that were in the bike when I bought it (at 12K), I figgered I'd bettter change them out.

Well, the plug socket tool in the tool kit is mah-vah-lous. No issues with it, and an 11mm on the end with a socket tool really did the trick.

Now the scare...I had the tank off anyways to do this job...I went to pull out the right front plug wire...yes I grabbed the boot but my hand slipped and only pulled out the wire, leaving the boot still attached to the old plug :roll: So, now I'm thinking a trip to the dealer for a new plug wire, so I trace it back to the coil and guess what...it's attached hard!!!! So now I'm thinking new front coil.

Well I changed out the plug first and then pulled the ciol off the frame mount and looked at the boot and noticed that there was a screw post in there and realized that the wire only screws down on to that post...WHOO HOO :mrgreen: so I put it back together and start up the bike, and she runs like crapola and my WHOO HOO moment is gone (only for a moment) I shut down the bike and look at it and suddenly realize I forgot to reattach the wires to the front coil :oops: so plug them in and restart, and she purrs like a kitten.

Oh yeah, by the way the old plugs looked fine for their age...just a little carbon build up around the edges, but the rest of it looked ok. But, I guess now I don't have to worry about it for another 20K hunh 8)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I am planning on changing my plugs tomorrow and reading this reminds me of how I need to be more patient. Hope I don't mess anything up :shock:

Glad you got it back together without having to spend the bucks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts