Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every one. I fitted 16 inches DNA ape hangers on my 2010 Spirit 750.
I bought original Ace risers to match the high apes . I’m very happy with the result.
definately I needed to change the cables and extend the wiring.
I got black switch housing covers to make the bars all black but they were bulky and impeded the switches for working properly. So I thought I will just keep the stock housing and it didn’t look bad on the bars.
also I changed the brake lever and mirrors and powder coated the clutch lever.

Attachments

·
Registered
1997 Honda Shadow ACE VT1100C2
376 Posts
That's a really nice setup. I like it. I just got a set of Harley Davidson Road King standard bars for dirt cheap. Personally I like the utilitarian U shape of the bars but the pull back is something weird. It feels like I have to twist my hands outward. Doesn't feel right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a really nice setup. I like it. I just got a set of Harley Davidson Road King standard bars for dirt cheap. Personally I like the utilitarian U shape of the bars but the pull back is something weird. It feels like I have to twist my hands outward. Doesn't feel right.
I was planning to put something like that on my bike but changed my mind to DNA bars. Glad I did that I love the setup. Next step for me to get a more comfortable seat . But most probably next year , don’t have the money now.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Got a pic? I run the Harley Dyna mini-ape bars and like them, used on a bunch of models for years, see avatar pic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts