Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to know what members carry in case of a flat. I can't see myself removing a tire to change the tube on the side of the road. Luckily I haven't run into that situation. All I ever carry is the stock tool kit (no saddle bags) and hope for the best. Am I being foolish? I can't remember ever having a flat.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Cell Phone

·
Registered
131 Posts
Tubeless tire plugger with mushroom plugs. Thankfully only had to use it once, but it worked great and only took about 5 minutes. That was about 3K miles ago. Got it here http://www.stopngo.com/plugger.asp. I like it because the plugs are mushroom-shaped and can't pull out. I used the same plugs on cars all my life with never a problem. The CO2 bottles are good for getting the tire mostly inflated but won't do the whole job, however the inflation kit that hooks to one of your cylinders does it all. Lastly, it takes up very little space, so you can have with you all the time.

·
Registered
327 Posts
In you sig pick you have spokes on your front wheel at least. So, it's unlikely you have tubeless tires so a plug kit wont work. That's the biggest drawback to spoked wheels IMO.
I carry a cell phone and my HRCA card. No way I'm fixing a flat on the side of the road.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I carry mag wheels, with tubless tires, a plug kit, and little 12v air compressor.

Been down the spoked-tubed route before - best advise given previously is cell phone and motow, or HRCA.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
billdksn said:
Tubeless tire plugger with mushroom plugs. Thankfully only had to use it once, but it worked great and only took about 5 minutes. That was about 3K miles ago. Got it here http://www.stopngo.com/plugger.asp. I like it because the plugs are mushroom-shaped and can't pull out. I used the same plugs on cars all my life with never a problem. The CO2 bottles are good for getting the tire mostly inflated but won't do the whole job, however the inflation kit that hooks to one of your cylinders does it all. Lastly, it takes up very little space, so you can have with you all the time.
He has spoked wheels with inter tubes.
MarKC

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Motow card and cell phone, no worries.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Vtwin said:
Hawaii 600 said:
Cell Phone
First reply nailed it

I have seen a guy that had his friend try to put a tubeless plug in a tube tire, not a pretty picture.
V
:oops: :( :) :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts