Honda Shadow Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Thanks! When I called Cobra they weren't much help. Would you happen to recall what Cobra model # your bar is?

Thanks,

Rick
These are my crash bars and floorboards.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
a different thought, if you have the factory seat, you might try the Mustang seat, it's flatter and wider to take some of the weight off your center and let the back top of your thighs carry some of the weight, might make a difference.

·
Registered
24 Posts
These are my crash bars and floorboards.

Thanks! Those appear to be the same floorboards I have, so the bars should be perfect!

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Quick question--the pics I've seen of the Cobra bars 01-1121 don't make it clear what the upper ends of the bar attach to. Any clues?
There are 2 dimples on each side of the frame in the gusset under the covers. The instructions have you drill those out then attach the bars with bolts and lock nuts. I've also got a radiator guard that's the other chrome piece in the pic.

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
There are 2 dimples on each side of the frame in the gusset under the covers. The instructions have you drill those out then attach the bars with bolts and lock nuts. I've also got a radiator guard that's the other chrome piece in the pic.
Drilling the holes was the easy part. The hard part for me was getting my normal sized fingers on the other end of the bolt to attach the lock nut. Man, that was aggravating... lol

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
The tank has to come off to remove the covers on just about any shadow I'm sure. Once it's out of the way then it's pretty easy.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts