Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking at pipes and was going to get MAC slashcuts and had ordered them but they were on back order which may have been a god send after reading these forums. I believe I am going to change my order and get V&H Straightshots. My only concerns are the bike came with MC enterprises floorboards and the bracket goes just over the top of the stock exhaust does anyone know if they will work with the new exhaust or will I need to adjust it? It also came with some rather large saddlebags that wont fit with the stock exhaust installed I am hoping to remedy this with aftermarket pipes. Anyone know where to get a bracket to move the turnsignals to. This is all for a 1997 VT1100C2 ACE.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
I am looking at pipes and was going to get MAC slashcuts and had ordered them but they were on back order which may have been a god send after reading these forums. I believe I am going to change my order and get V&H Straightshots. My only concerns are the bike came with MC enterprises floorboards and the bracket goes just over the top of the stock exhaust does anyone know if they will work with the new exhaust or will I need to adjust it? It also came with some rather large saddlebags that wont fit with the stock exhaust installed I am hoping to remedy this with aftermarket pipes. Anyone know where to get a bracket to move the turnsignals to.
Type of bike would be helpful.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, Thought I had thown it in there. It is a 1997 VT1100C2 ACE

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
What bike is it? Also, check JP, bike bandit, cruiser customing....they all sell easy to install turn signal relocation kits that back them up about 3 inches on the fender or even all the way back to the license plate.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do .... as soon as my wife gets home from work she seems to have confiscated all of our digital cameras.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the picture. One more question what do they mean when they say that the exhaust is not compatible with the stock crash bars.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No it mounts on the frame right behind the exhaust

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
VTBNT, When you got your Vance and Hines did you have to jet your bike out or did it run fine stock?

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
A friend has the V&H pipes and MC Ent. floorboards on his Tourer - no fitment issues.

Personally, I prefer Cobra FB's over MCE, but it is what it is.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet thanks Mark puts me a little at ease. I may switch out the MC enterprises later but they came with the bike and are my first floorboards and do wonders I love having them compared to having the pegs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts