·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Don't do it...not with extensions.

Buy a set of four over forks legs from "Forks by Frank".

Then, using all your internals from your stock forks, add a four inch spacer at the top of your spring, and you're done. You'll spend about the same amout of cash.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
And then you'll have to figure out how you're going to compensate for that extra four inches... unless you like riding around looking like one of the "Black Widows".

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks,
I was just looking at he used bike forum here, and there is a yellow spirit that has the 3 inch extentions on it, and I thought it looked good.
I would guess that by adding the extrenstions on that you would make a week point????
thanks again

·
Registered
168 Posts
WARNING: Adding longer forks (with extensions OR new tubes) without compensating for the change in the rake of the neck and/or triple trees WILL change the trail (and thus the handling) of your front end. To do so will make the front end "flop" at low speeds.

Just to give you fair warning. I would strongly discourage anyone who is not a professional who understands motorcycle front end geometry from ever changing these factors in the front end.

Unless I suppose you want to go the way of OCC and make it "look cool" regardless of how it rides.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.