Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 6'4", and just bought a '03 SS750.
I'm wondering if ANYONE, knows of forward control extension available for my bike?? My knees are just about under my chin while riding.

Thanks for ANY help.

If anyone out there has 'em, could you please post a pic or two of them?

Thanks again, Sim

·
Registered
225 Posts
V-Twin said:
That looks great!

I checked ebay, did you get those hand-made ones from this guy??

http://stores.ebay.com/Scootmods_Honda-Shadow-Spirit-750_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ2QQftidZ2QQtZkm

no, tho that seems to be a better price.

i don't know if my ACE ones will work on your bike (you have a spirit, i assume)...

I got mine from the Tribal Image guy, i can't find some on ebay right now, but here is a guy who was re-selling his kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hond...588QQitemZ120094308614QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

it's a 7" extension, and at 6'1" it's perfect for me. at 6'4" the 5" forwards you listed might not be big enough for you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was your install of the brake rod, and shifter rod extensions hard??

I just don't want to get in a bind, if I need to loosten, or remove the exhaust to extend the brake rod.

·
Registered
225 Posts
V-Twin said:
Did you have to loosten or remove the exhaust to replace the brake rod??
I did, the bolts for the right peg were blocked by the stokc exahust.

and it makes the brake rod work alot easier on my setup (even tho the brake extension is a little bogus.)

·
Registered
204 Posts
V-Twin said:
Was your install of the brake rod, and shifter rod extensions hard??

I just don't want to get in a bind, if I need to loosten, or remove the exhaust to extend the brake rod.
On the set i got from ebay, not at all. It says that you 'should' but it can be done without loosening the exhaust. Its a little tight trying to get the cotter pin out, but eventually i got it out.

Shifter rod was very easy.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Mag said:
Why does no one make anything for the shaft drive models !?!?!?!
It's because the shaft SS is a brand new bike. I've been told mapam now makes forwards for the C2 and the scootmods guy (he posts on another forum) says that there is a seller on ebay named bikertoyz or somesuch that sells C2 extentions.

·
Registered
94 Posts
lang said:
Mag said:
It's because the shaft SS is a brand new bike. I've been told mapam now makes forwards for the C2 and the scootmods guy (he posts on another forum) says that there is a seller on ebay named bikertoyz or somesuch that sells C2 extentions.
Scootworks has some,but I don't want to pay 300bucks. I emailed scootmods and Beau replied in about an hour and said that he would email me when he has a set for the C2 which should be somewhere around a month... I'll wait on him since he took the time and replied (quickly!!)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Dang! nice price on those scootmod FCs THat will be in the very near future for me. thanks for the links.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mag said:
lang said:
Mag said:
Scootworks has some,but I don't want to pay 300bucks. I emailed scootmods and Beau replied in about an hour and said that he would email me when he has a set for the C2 which should be somewhere around a month... I'll wait on him since he took the time and replied (quickly!!)
When you are notified that the C2 version is ready, could you let us know?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.