Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woohoo!! Time for my once a year post!!

Anyone know of forward controls for a 97 ACE 1100, other than the ones by Jardine? I've not seen much out there.

Also, due to a crash, the bike is getting a new look. I'll be sure to post pics when finished. :D

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
mapham
highwayhawk
MC
I did a search for some for my 96 ace and found several mom-n-pop makers, can't remeber the name though... :roll: they offered different stretches (3,4,6 etc..) in different styles (flame, scallop, etc..) i've been trying to find them again..

·
Registered
49 Posts
I recently bought a set of Mapams for my '95 ACE 1100, they look great BUT......
I had a set of V&H pipes and the Mapams wouldnt fit without the addition of a homemade bracket on the brake side.
I had to replace the pipes after just 60 miles with the Mapams on and got new V&H's and now the Mapams wont fit even with the bracket.
I then put on a crash guard with highway pegs, but the forwards felt better to me.
The Mapams DO work with stock exhaust, has to do with the angle of the "front" pipe as it sweeps back, stock pipes are more of a straight down, Mapams move the feet about 4" forward.
My Mapams arent scratched, except for where the mounting screws went, and I dont need them anymore, I have a post over on the fer sale board, I think its in Accs....stuff to dress up your bike.

·
Registered
100 Posts
GrymLocke said:
mapham
highwayhawk
MC
I did a search for some for my 96 ace and found several mom-n-pop makers, can't remeber the name though... :roll: they offered different stretches (3,4,6 etc..) in different styles (flame, scallop, etc..) i've been trying to find them again..
not to hijack a thread....but the fact that your avatar and mine are the same disturbs me...ive been using that pic on forums for awhile now... :evil:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have 7" forwards from a company called tribal image... you can find them on eBay. I'm not certain they will fit on a '97, but they are great on my '02 (750), and only $125.

·
Registered
2 Posts
forward controls

hey lamard, i have a set of vance and hines, i have straightshots on my 1998 ace 1100 . i was lookin at forward controls because i am 6 foot 2. do you , or anybody in here, know if any forwards will fit my bike? I emailed mapam and they said theirs would fit, but from doing a search on here i know that they will not. oh and by the way. this is my first post so let me have it guys, i can take it.

ps. i have been on the site every day since i bought the bike, you guys helped me out more than ou could imagine,thanks

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where do those V&H pipes run in relation to where the stock pipes ran? As long as that front pipe is close to the contour of the frame, you should be ok with the Jardines. On the Mapam, it looks like the mounting bracket is slanted forward, which would interfere with the pipe. On the Jardines, they come out where the stock pegs do, and then the controls themselves stretch forward.

Want a set? :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
forward controls

I am going to buy a set of jardine forwards and if i need to modify them i will. I am a tool and die maker so I can fabricate and machine anything up that i might need if i need to relocate them. Cosmic, do you have a set for sale?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: forward controls

kasabeer said:
I am going to buy a set of jardine forwards and if i need to modify them i will. I am a tool and die maker so I can fabricate and machine anything up that i might need if i need to relocate them. Cosmic, do you have a set for sale?
Hey Kasabeer. I just saw an ACE with V&H pipes and the Jardine forwards. Looks like there was no modification to make them fit, just a straight bolt on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.