Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went back and found the only thread for these early model forward controls.... got some ideas, planning to fabricate some soon. Most of the engineering can be done from these pics, but I have to figure out my second bolt location on the left (shifter) side.....

I am hoping to keep the factory crash bar..... Brake side seems to be closest to interference, we'll see.

If others want controls like this... I could supply most of the fabricated parts, brackets, pegs, pedals, etc, etc. However, fabrication of YOUR peg brackets will absolutely be necessary... Cutting off of brake lever, shifter (then drill and tap for swivel joint) and so on......which I can't reasonably complete FOR you.

I'll try to post progress pics and updates as they come.....

Here's the purchased items I have gathered so far....

Just for fun.... opinions on NON folding pegs??? Open for discussion...

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have started gathering parts to do mine also, the ones in the first set of pics look good, and simple, but would be a lot better if the plate was cut into a more interesting shape and sent to the chrome shop. the problem I am having is access to a shop for a day to do the actual work, got most of the parts together.

here are the pegs I was originally going to use, now im thinking about going with bear trap pegs, going to use all stainless hardware so I can polish it up nice.

Looking for beartraps similar to these, either chromed or polished, had them on a sportster and loved them.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I went back and found the only thread for these early model forward controls.... got some ideas, planning to fabricate some soon. Most of the engineering can be done from these pics, but I have to figure out my second bolt location on the left (shifter) side.....

I am hoping to keep the factory crash bar..... Brake side seems to be closest to interference, we'll see.

If others want controls like this... I could supply most of the fabricated parts, brackets, pegs, pedals, etc, etc. However, fabrication of YOUR peg brackets will absolutely be necessary... Cutting off of brake lever, shifter (then drill and tap for swivel joint) and so on......which I can't reasonably complete FOR you.

I'll try to post progress pics and updates as they come.....
Here's the purchased items I have gathered so far....
Just for fun.... opinions on NON folding pegs??? Open for discussion...
My setup is going to look similar to your work, except im welding the plate steel to the original shifter/brake brackets. Just cutting off the stock peg holders. Sorry for the thread jacking heh.

Ray.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Ray,

that sound like a good route to go, can you post pics when your done?

would like to see how tha goes, need all the ideas I can get :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts