Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I just purchased the Tribal Image 7" control extensions. I bought them used for the (steal!) price of $15. However I do have three questions for those of you who already have them.
1.) Since they are used they do not come with instructions. Although it seems fairly straightforward is there anything I need to know about installation?
2.) The shift side extension is perfectly flat when viewed from the top, but the brake side extension is bent out slightly, then back in. Is this normal?
3.) There is another piece that is not from the factory, it is labeled 'brake side' and I am guessing it is a reinforcement to prevent flex, as discussed in this thread: http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40994&highlight=tribal+image+forward. It could fit either set of holes, so where should it be placed?
Thanks!
Scott

·
Registered
74 Posts
Item 2> this is not normal. Discuss this with the person who sold these to you to see why the piece is bent. If it was damaged in some way, return them to the seller.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm thanks. Actually I'm not too worried about it, the total deflection is less than 1/2 an inch, and the double bend means that the pedal is still perpendicular to the frame as it should be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts