Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
16,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rarely, however, I`ve had a couple "Friend requests" and allowed friendship access...
BUT What do I do with these now that I have them in my "friends" category????

Is this for easier access to these people for whatever purpose I can "Click and GO" to these folks for private messaging or visitor messaging??????
OR is there some other advantages"""

I have two in my "friends section" being as they requested this I clicked allow....

Are there other uses for this friends addition??? :?:

:idea: :!:
Y`all gotta understand ~ These forums are my only "Social links" ~ I only look at facebook when my wife calls me to "look at this"...
AND don`t forget ~ I`m one of those "Dummies" you read about when it comes to this computer :::: I`m surprised my wife allows me access to her computer :D

Thanks for any comments,
Dennis

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Can't answer your question as to the "friends" thing but I'm with you on the "dummies". I'm pretty sure the book Computers for Dummies was written for me and if look inside the first page I think it was even dedicated to me. :shock:

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
In my vast knowledge of this site (read that facetiously) I don't know the answer to your question either, I have em (friends here) too, 7 of them,,3 I have met, 1 now deceased(rip Lakota, I missed meeting you)

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Near as I can tell, it's nothing more than a popularity contest...

·
Registered
16,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This feature does make it handy to have folks you communicate with right in one spot, I reckon...

The folks I`ve met in "real life" aren`t even on the roster, yet...
Canyon and Theja, thanks for the honor of considering me "friend"...

The ones I PM regular will be added to this ELITE listing in the near future I suppose??? Just to be a reminder to communicate with you...

D

·
Registered
16,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found that when I click on a name it comes up soas you have an option to see who you have on your friends list too IF you got any???

I`m learning my way around HSN site... ;)

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
as Mr Natural would say. "Don't Mean Sheet" :)

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
Speaking of "Dummies", before I bought my first bike a few weeks ago, I got the "Motorcycling for Dummies" book and I can't believe how much useful info it had. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1386509971.088531.jpg

·
Registered
392 Posts
As an IT guy (ie computer geek) myself, I've seen a lot of message boards and there are only a few basic templates out there. Almost every message board on the internet is based off of a template which is customized to the creator's liking (color, etc). The "friends" section is handy when you do more with the boards than we do here at HSN like following people's posts, private discussions and stuff like that. The feature is built in which is why you see it but there is no real purpose for it other than giving yourself quick access to people you may want to PM.

Schooner

·
Registered
837 Posts
Rarely, however, I`ve had a couple "Friend requests" and allowed friendship access...
BUT What do I do with these now that I have them in my "friends" category????

Is this for easier access to these people for whatever purpose I can "Click and GO" to these folks for private messaging or visitor messaging??????
OR is there some other advantages"""

I have two in my "friends section" being as they requested this I clicked allow....

Are there other uses for this friends addition??? :?:

:idea: :!:
Y`all gotta understand ~ These forums are my only "Social links" ~ I only look at facebook when my wife calls me to "look at this"...
AND don`t forget ~ I`m one of those "Dummies" you read about when it comes to this computer :::: I`m surprised my wife allows me access to her computer :D

Thanks for any comments,
Dennis
lol you are 5 steps ahead of me ... I still don't how to put my pictures on here or do that map of where I've been on here.. you are super SMART compared to me

·
Registered
16,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the two of you to request my friendship...
A whopping 5 friends now...
If this keeps up, I`ll have a page full....

:D

I just noticed it alphabetize these entries too...

:D

I gotta investigate to see what can be done with this option, such as PM all at once?

I learn more each day I am part of this brotherhood of shadow riders...

Thanks again,
Dennis

·
Registered
16,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I keep adding friends as the requests come :D
I Got another tonight...
The page is filling :D Thank You for asking,
Dennis

EDIT

Now I`m looking for How to?
I don`t find a way of accessing these friends???
They show up whenever I get a request and I click on the notice???

EDIT #2 :D
I found it! :D
Click on profile...

1 - 20 of 64 Posts