Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 VLX 600, and upon slowing my front brake pulses, too me it feels as if the rotor is warped and i have a replacement rotor, however i was lookig for some input before i put a new rotor on, any ideas, is it the rotor or something else? maybe caliper? anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I would bleed the brakes first. Hard to get these rotors hot enough to warp. The bikes are light and we're not on the brakes all that long. JMO

·
Registered
209 Posts
gu01312 said:
I have a 2002 VLX 600, and upon slowing my front brake pulses, too me it feels as if the rotor is warped and i have a replacement rotor, however i was lookig for some input before i put a new rotor on, any ideas, is it the rotor or something else? maybe caliper? anyone else had this problem?
gu01312,

If you can somehow block the bike up so you can rotate the front tire, set a jackstand close to the rotor with a pencil or some other small and easy to hold object just touching the rotor. Spin the tire and pay attention for any movement in the pencil. It should draw an even line all around the rotor. A warped rotor will cause the pulsing you describe.

Might also want to check the wheel bearings, any movement there can cause a pulse.

John

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Maybe one of the pistons is sticking just from road crud/dirt or maybe a little rust. Take it apart and clean. Lube the pad sliders as well.

IF this still continues...maybe a warped rotor. You can "rotate" the rotor (mark your starting point) by removing the rotor bolts and rotate to the next bolt hole and put it back together...then try again. Works on dual disc...can't se why it won't work on single.

Bullzeyet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts