Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 15 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need help...

I have been chasing a front end vibration for some time now. It used to come and go at different speeds but now it seems to be only around 50 mph. Recently I changed the clutch disks, plates and springs and that made the vibration go away from all other speeds except for right around 50 mph. Here is a list of things I have already done chasing this.

New front tire/ balanced
Front forks rebuilt with new springs and fluid
Steering stem bearings
Drive sprocket
Drive chain
Rear hub dampers
Clutch plates, disks and springs
Oil change with recommended oil

Any and all input, suggestions, ideas on what else I can check or tear into are greatly appreciated.

2000 Shadow ACE VT750 CD2 Deluxe/ Bobber 27K miles...

Thanks in advance... Andy

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'll check the bearings and everything else on both rims, the steering stem bearings for tightness and all the motor mounting points.
This will take me some time so I will update after I do all this.

Meanwhile, I'm open to any and all additional ideas and suggestions.

Thanks again...Andy

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is the rim. The runout is out and it is not perfectly round. Needs to be tuned. I tried my hand at it and got it very close. The vibration/ hop is almost non existent now. Feels like rough pavement at times. Some of the spoke nuts are so jacked up that I had to use vise grips to turn them.

So...should I respoke the rim or just replace it?

1 - 3 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.