Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Shadow Phantom
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I must have floor boards! Cobra wanting $300 is crazy, but if I have to do it, I will. Have any of you found boards that are good but less than Cobra? I'd prefer bigger boards like Cobra's. Easy installation is always nice. The reviews don't really help me out much, and I have searched the forum to the best of my ability. Thank you! I am new here and loving the community!

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Might try HAC brand, no idea what they are going for
now

Reactions: smiley568

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might try HAC brand, no idea what they are going for
now
Thanks for the recommendation, brother. After a search, it appears they are selling for more than the cobra right now. I might have to bite the bullet and order the Cobras. Looks like I can snag my sissy bar and luggage rack from eBay for cheap, so that helps!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appreciate it, I’ll look some more on Amazon. I’m a noob so when it comes to one that might or might not work I’m not sure what to look for. Some of the reviews make you wonder which way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. I ordered the Cobras. I want to make sure I get something that I will love and is not going to take more time away from riding than it has to. I will report back with how it works out for me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks everyone. I ordered the Cobras. I want to make sure I get something that I will love and is not going to take more time away from riding than it has to. I will report back with how it works out for me.
Probably good you ordered the Cobras. It looks like the cheaper Amazon ones are rigid and don't move up and down a lot. I have scraped my floorboard on numerous occasions around corners and the movement they have is good!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Good choice
I like these Kurakyn's because they are black and will fade into the background:
Amazon.com: Kuryakyn 4357 Motorcycle Foot Control Component: Ribbed Folding Boards for Driver or Passenger Floorboards, Wrinkle Black, 1 Pair : Automotive
You would need a pair of $40 splined mounts too, so around $220 all-in.
Thinking about ordering some.
just me though,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you. That’s exactly the kind of info I was looking for. If I don’t like the cobras I know where to start now. I knew there had to be some kind of mounts or adapters there.

·
Registered
2006 750 spirit
4 Posts
Thank you. That’s exactly the kind of info I was looking for. If I don’t like the cobras I know where to start now. I knew there had to be some kind of mounts or adapters there.

I put the same boards on my 06 Spirit as in the link above. I really like them. You can adjust them forward or backward as well as tip them to best suit your fit, the only problem I had was I put a 3" foward controll on the bike and the tipping really narrowed up the space between the shifter and board. I fashioned a riser for the shifter. The boards come in chrome plate as well. Their easy to slide your foot on yet I have never had my foot slide off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

The cobras came in yesterday along with my Viking bags. I am loving both! Hopefully today my Memphis shade, sissy bar, and luggage rack will come. I’m ready to ride in the hills of Oklahoma!

·
Registered
7 Posts
One thing you might consider is getting a windsheild bag. Great for things like sun glasses. You dont have to dismount to get items. I love mine. A throttle boss is also good for long rides. I have rode quite a bit around Tulsa. Try and add Bikes Blues and Barbecue, being held in Roges Arkansas this year, to your calander. Be safe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts