Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with the Memphis Shades lowers? Do they work OK and are they good quality? I am thinking of putting some on my 1985 1100 Shadow.

·
Registered
590 Posts
George, welcome to the forum. :wink: MS lowers depends on the Shield you have. How about giving a little more infro ? :wink:

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have them with a MS Fats windshield. They are not in the sig photo, but they work very well. However, I think the National Cycle lowers look a lot better. I just don't know if they will work with the Memphis Shades windshields.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have a NC Switch Blade Shield and the MS Lowers and am having some difficutly getting the lowers set right. Here's the deal, the lowers do a real good job of blocking the wind from my legs but.......it redirects the winds up my chest. i am trying different positions but the lower I set the lowers, the more up draft I get. The next position will be angled a bit to get the behind the NC shield. If I can get them right, I'll post a pick...or take them off and send 'em to ya for you to try!

Bruce

·
Registered
622 Posts
PS: Welcome to the forum!

Bruce

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
I've got an MS Fats with MS lowers on my '04 Spirit 11.
The MS lowers are a very high quality item, but you need to play with them alot to get them in the right position to block MOST of the wind sliding in under the shield.

I have always felt that they look lousy on my bike, and I would only use them when it got cold or I was doing a long trip.
Now I don't care what they look like. They stop most of my turbulence and I care more about that than how I look. (I must be getting old!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Front fork lowers

Spirited said:
George, welcome to the forum. :wink: MS lowers depends on the Shield you have. How about giving a little more infro ? :wink:
I have a stock 1985 Hondaline windshield. As for the people that have suggested NC lowers, as far as I can tell, they do not make lowers that will fit a 1985 1100 Shadow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts