Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't find any info in repair manual or doing a search here if the front forks every need to be serviced, as in fluid drained and re-filled.

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
4,211 Posts
While many members consider fork oil change as a service item, Honda considers fork oil replacement to be a repair item as in if your seals leak then repair and change the oil. I have one older Honda where the fork oil has never been changed and one which the seals went at about 10 years and now the bike is 20. With the 10 year old oil being replace I noticed no operational difference. Of course neither of my bikes are ridden hard ie potholes, gravel, offroad etc so that may be a factor.

G.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
My right seal decided to give up the ghost last spring so it was down about half the fluid level when i changed the seals. I noticed a huge difference, but i think more so because of the proper level. If you were to just change the fluid, its possible you would notice little to no difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.