Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the bike painted and cleaned up. Today was my first real ride around town that was legal. I drove about 35 miles and some of that was in the rain and its been 50 degrees all day. I did notice a slight wiggle from side to side from the forks. If I let go of the handle bar it goes side to side. I did have the whole front end apart but I went over all the bolts to make sure everything was tight. And I dont think the stem bearings are wore out. Do motorcycle tires get balanced? I will check the play in the steering stem and see if its loose but do you guys think it could be something else?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
mattyamaha_27 said:
I finally got the bike painted and cleaned up. Today was my first real ride around town that was legal. I drove about 35 miles and some of that was in the rain and its been 50 degrees all day. I did notice a slight wiggle from side to side from the forks. If I let go of the handle bar it goes side to side. I did have the whole front end apart but I went over all the bolts to make sure everything was tight. And I dont think the stem bearings are wore out. Do motorcycle tires get balanced? I will check the play in the steering stem and see if its loose but do you guys think it could be something else?
Check your bearing torque for the proper amount. If you have it too loose, it will wobble.

Also did you check your wheel bearings?

Yes, motorcycle tires get balanced. Did you change out the tires too? You can check the balance by removing the tire, place it on the axle between a couple of jack stands (or anything else that will hold it up, then rotate the tire to various spots and let go of the tire. If it moves...and stops at the same spot, that is the heavy spot of the tire. Add weight (in small increments) to the upper portion of the tire until it doesn't move then you let it go.

Joe

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the tire broke down and a leak fixed (it was leaking around the bead). The bearings are good, I checked them. I will call the guy I had fix the leak and either buy a new tire(mine is getting down there) or have it balanced. It depends on the price. I dont really want to mess with balancing it. I dont have the patience for that stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.