Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change out my filter and add new line while I'm at it. Anyone know the line diameter for a 03 750 Spirit? Any filter recommendations?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Go to advanced auto, and bring a piece of line with you. They should have reels of it in the back. I had better luck with stretching 3/16 over my fittings, instead of trying to get the thicker 1/4 hose to bend where I needed it to go, it was too stiff to work with.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my bike is my ride so it would be nice to be able to just get what I need and install it. Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I believe 1/4" ID is the norm, I prefer to use clear tubing so I can see the flow of gas (typically thinner sidewall as well), as far as filter goes, I use whatever is cheap that fits the lines from the local auto parts store.
These seem to be pretty popular:
2 Fuel Filter 1 4" Compact Inline Clear Visu Filter ATV Motorcycle Snowmobile | eBay
This one is very similar to the one I got at the auto parts store, but mine was only like $3 or $4:
Honda ATV Motorcycle Clear Inline Gas Carburetor Fuel Filter 1 4" 6mm 7mm Engine | eBay

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I pulled the left cover today and noticed there are 2 filters. I'm beginning to wounder if I need to replace them @14k miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts