Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 vt750cdc Ace, today i stalled on my way home due to what i believe was a fouled spark plug caused by a loose plug wire. After stalling the fuel pump will continue to make noise until i turn the key to off, before i could hit the kill switch and it would turn off right away. I looked around and was also reading that a toasted relay or a clogged fuel filter can cause a buzzing noise as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,623 Posts
Is it the factory fuel pump?
Has it been wired differently from the factory wiring?
The oirginal relay is supposed to shut the pump off when the engine dies, to keep fuel from still pumping, if the bike falls over and the key is on.
What has been changed?

·
Registered
2006 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750DC
271 Posts
This is probably a stupid question, but is your gas on? I know if I run mine with the petcock off and the pump starts starving of fuel, it will start making a clicky buzzy noise, and as soon as I turn the petcock on it goes away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it the factory fuel pump?
Has it been wired differently from the factory wiring?
The oirginal relay is supposed to shut the pump off when the engine dies, to keep fuel from still pumping, if the bike falls over and the key is on.
What has been changed?
From what I know it's the factory pump and I don't know for sure if it's been routed differently. I just got this bike so I haven't changed much besides the spark plugs

·
Registered
2006 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750DC
271 Posts
Can you easily access one of the hoses coming FROM the pump and going up to the carbs? I'd try maybe disconnecting that and turning it on and check that it is flowing. There is a test where you collect the fuel over a period of time and measure it against a standard to tell if the pump is working properly or not.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,623 Posts
Yes about 1 pint in 15 to 20 seconds is a good rule of thumb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts