Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i am new here. Just want to know where is located a fuel pump on Honda shadow vt750c2fa spirit 2007 year.
I have searched on partzilla.com but couldn’t findthe part number.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
15,589 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
3,394 Posts

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
1,095 Posts
It is here on this page #3.

Oop, that’s a parts list for the DC spirit, OP said he had a C2 spirit which for whatever reason in the US from 07-09 had no fuel pump, a single carburetor and gravity fed fuel. However as @CSRoad pointed out, the Europe spec got fuel injection earlier, so it’s an entirely different fuel system, tank and pump than the US spec ‘07 C2

Reactions: ika

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Froth Thanks man i think you are right, just mine is imported from USA so its not fuel injected.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
15,589 Posts
If you really need a fuel pump just get an aftermarket part for much less money . It is a standard low pressure pump of 2-4 pounds. Nothing special unless you want to keep all stock parts.
Example=

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
1,095 Posts
Froth Thanks man i think you are right, just mine is imported from USA so its not fuel injected.
If you have a US 07-09 C2 spirit with a single carb you don’t have a fuel pump, they were designed as gravity fed fueling from the factory and have a vacuum actuated petcock to prevent fuel flow with the engine not running.

Reactions: ika

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have a US 07-09 C2 spirit with a single carb you don’t have a fuel pump, they were designed as gravity fed fueling from the factory and have a vacuum actuated petcock to prevent fuel flow with the engine not running.
Yes it has petcock on vacuum. Okay now I understood everything. Thanks a lot

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1988 VT800 Shadow with a fuel pump which I've had to replace with an after market pump, my son has a 2005 VT750DC with a fuel. So when my nephew with a 2007 Shadow called because his bike wouldn't start after he shut it off to talk with someone I figured it was the fuel pump, till I found your post about it not having one. I went out and was messing around with the vacuum line to the petcock after I learned about it being vacuum acctuated and don't know if I pulled it loose or it was already loose, after I put it back on I hit the starter and it fired once so I pulled the choke out and it fired up and kept running. I said all that to say Thank You for solving my issue on the bike with your answer to someone else's question.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts