Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 fuel injected shadow spirit 750 and I live in Las Vegas Nevada where it's like 115 outside and when I fill up ..only when I fill up I get this much gas dripping from the vent tube .. I try to fill it only to the bottom of the filler neck to prevent this . After like 1 ride it's good though . No drips no issues ..but look how much gas ..crazy huh

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, I would stop filling a bit sooner. :)
Thanks for replying !! Yeah I've noticed if i fill it any higher then where the filler neck is inside the tank ya know this happens on a hot day .. like it gets here in vegas but if i fill it just a little lower then no drip at at all .. (y)

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,449 Posts
Heat does cause expansion of any liquid. 115 degrees in a metal tank and gasoline to boot. Thats why gas is stored in underground tanks.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Each bike can be different as well. When I fill up my girlfriends bike I have to stop at the bottom of the filler neck or it will leak. I have yet to take the time to fill mine up to the point it leaks.

Hers=2014 Aero
Mine=2013 Phantom

I wonder if it is possible to bend the tube in the tank up higher?

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Vegas_Rider

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hummmm yeah thats a idea !! bend the tube .. like the metal tube in the tank or what tube are you talking about ??

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
hummmm yeah thats a idea !! bend the tube .. like the metal tube in the tank or what tube are you talking about ??
The tube in the tank.

Eric

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The tube in the tank.

Eric

YEAH I WILL HAVE TO LOOK INSIDE THE TANK TO SEE WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT BUT THAT WOULD BE AWESOME BECAUSE IT'S ANNOYING HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT IF I PUT JUST A LITTLE MORE GAS IN PAST THE FILLER NECK IS MY BIKE GONNA PEE ALL OVER THE GROUND LIKE THAT:cool:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Just don't kink the tube and cause a plugged vent,,,

An alternative may be a minimal bike cover:

Saw several companies selling similar ones, I'd think the ones that hook to the bars may keep more heat off the tank than ones that lay on the tank. Guess you could get some cloth covered magnetic stand-offs for those,,,

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I think it will be tough to get too. In the hotter times around here I will lay a towel over the tank if I can’t get it in the shade.

Eric

1 - 13 of 13 Posts