Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My bike seems to be running ok ('98 ACE Tourer VT1100T) with the E85, though I would LOVE to get better gas mileage (averaging 37 MPG since June). Here's a pic:

I have thought about running 93 octane through the tank a few times, and did so one time, but the MPG remained pretty much unchanged (went from 37.3 MPG to 37.6 MPG).

My front rim is highly polished and I plan to have the rear rim done over the winter (actually, a spare rim that I bought - then have another Metzeler ME880 mounted) and have the front lowers polished to a shine and see if the "slippery" factor will bring me up a MPG or two.

Also plan to re-shine (thanks, Daunte!) the Jardine Turn-Downs and replace the Jardine Slash-cuts on there now, as the Turn-Downs have a deeper sound. If they don't polish up nicely, I want to get them re-chromed:

Before (both pipes):

After (right pipe):

I am also selling the Mustang seat with driver backrest (model 79161) and looking to replace it with the model 75011 (any takers? Ha-ha!).

Further, I am looking to add LED's to the radiator and front fender to show off the AWESOME polished front rim (LED's as of now):

Pics of the rear with Skull LED's as brake lights (in addition to the stock brake light):

So my question to you all is:

For lunch tomorrow, should I grab a McRib at McDonald's while they still have them or head to Wendy's and get the new Dave's burger?

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
Mcrib!
I guess you dont get to far runnng those LEDs considering they run off a drop chord:p
Bike looks GREAT as usual, current plan sounds good!
Coop

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Wish we had McRib here.
Looks like you've got a good winter project lined up. Here, it's getting chilly here too but that's what we're all looking forward to. Ride season is just starting here.

·
Registered
228 Posts
bike looks good

as for food choices--either place will kill ya slowly--ya would be better off with some cigs and booze;)

fast food is why 30 sumthin's are croaking from heart attacks and strokes

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Nice Mark.
Stoopid question...why black out your tag?

For the mileage, I too am getting about 40mpg. The darkside has not helped or hurt it, but it does drop rpms at super-cruise speed.
I have wondered, if putting in iridium plugs would help the mileage? I am going to make some lowers that go all the way down to just above the floorboards (for cold weather riding), and I wonder if that'll help too?
Dan

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
:shock: Just run normal everyday regular gas fool. Trying to pick up extra mileage by polishing something. Polish this! :p

LEDs. Phfffffft. Next thing ya know you'll be sportin a gold tooth and selling crack. :shock:

And quit eating that sh*t! What is wrong with you? Wait! That's what's wrong with you...you eat that fast food sh*t. :lol:

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Selling the Mustang seat and sissy bar? I may be interested...

:shock: Buying something from Mark? Anything he has is stolen. On police list across the country. :-D

·
Registered
815 Posts
My bike seems to be running ok ('98 ACE Tourer VT1100T) with the E85,
My flex fuel Ford Fusion will burn E85 but didn't know you could run that stuff in a motorcycle. Maybe that is why your pipe's are so blue.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have wondered, if putting in iridium plugs would help the mileage? Dan
I replaced mine and got maybe 1-2 mpg more. It does seem to run more smoothly, but that could be the placebo effect. I hear it running better because I expect to hear it running better.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Harumph...

To answer the various questions raised:

1) Not really running E85, but you might as well call it that considering the crappy gas we get in Cuyahoga and surrounding counties. I run 87 octane. No "real gas" stations close enough to warrant going out of the way to fill up.

2) Dan - tag was blacked out in the photo so as not to distract from the skull LED's on the license plate.

3) @whitewalls - yes, I am selling my model #79161 seat; I want to replace it with a model #75011. I am not selling my passenger backrest. This 79161 seat will not work on the Aero 1100.

4) @coop - battery tender leads hooked up...ya bastage!

5) @jpr1968 - no, I am not running E85.

6) @binder56jd - cigs and booze are a mainstay for me. I ain't dead yet.

7) @nraluke - old pipes blued due to the carbs running lean - carbs have since been cleaned, jetted, tuned and synched.

8) I run iridium plugs. They work much better.

And, thank you all for your comments on the bike, but the whole purpose of my post was to ask:

Should I grab a McRib for lunch or Wendy's?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
God took Mc's rib and made a Wendy, so its of little difference. In all seriousness. The McRib is a seasonal delicacy. You must partake of it while its available.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.