Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one spot that has some fairly fine scratches in the chrome. It looks like there was some kind of stuff on the pipe and the previous owner tried to use some type of abrasive to get it off. It is not very noticeable, but I can see it and it bugs me, too anal I guess.

Is there any type of polish or buffing compound that might get those scratches out? I don't want to make it worse.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
You can give Mother's Chrome Polish a try. I personally haven't used it, but my search of viable products came up with that one and with the Mother's name, you can't go wrong. :D

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
A good chrome polish is worth a try. You can also use a cloth buffing wheel and jeweler's rouge.

Don't try to hard though, the chrome coating is very thin, too much polishing will take it down to the copper, (or nickel depending on what type of chrome plate you have), underneath the chrome.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I will look for Mother's products and see who carries them.

I also have some very fine polish that came with one of those kits that you can buy to polish up headlight lenses when they get all hosed up from the UV. It actually buffs them up pretty well. I may give that a try and see how it works.

http://www.lensrenew.com/lens_repair_headlight.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.