Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a quick question! We all know winter in quickly approaching. With this being my first bike I am wanting to know what needs to be done to get my bike ready for winter. I overly cautious because when I bought the bike it had sat for over 2 years and was a pain / great learning experience trying to get it running again. I know the parts of the carb extremely well now!

Any tips would be great!!!!

Thanks,

Amanda

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
:shock: Getting ready for winter? I suggest swapping out your street tires for knobbies. They'll get you through the snow and if you get stuck someplace and it gets icy...you can drive small metal screws in the knobs and are good to go! :-D

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
just because winters approaching doesnt mean ya have to quit riding..lol...im goin to try to ride as much as i can up until the salt trucks come out and mess up the roads,just because theres snow doesnt neccassarily mean that the roads need to be treated..anyhow..im not sure but i think theres a sticky thread about winter storage that has all the info about storing your bike..if there isnt,just make sure (from what ive seen others post about this) you change your oil..put stay-bil in your gas tank after filling it up..and either buy a battery tender for your battery or take battery off or disconnect it from the bike.
ok..i dbl checked,,the sticky thread i was referrin to is under the "technical discussion" and its titled "storageology".

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
sorry cant help ya i never winterize mine if you can get just a couple short rides a month and you should be ok

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Get the very best gloves you can afford. They will make the difference between riding and being miserable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.