Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to install my 6" intensions (forward controls) on the 02 Spirit. I tried to take off a cover (chain side) to install an extension rod to the shifter. I found only one nut to unscrew. I got the screw out but this thing WILL NOT come off! WTF?

Is there a clip somewhere?

Wish I would have taken a pic but too late now. The bike is in FL and I am now in IA.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
There may be a cotter pin clip type thingy :mrgreen: on the top back side of the cover. If you remove the side cover and look down on the backside of the lower cover you should see the clip. Should be able to get it with some needle nose plyers. That is assuming it's the same as my Aero.

·
Registered
226 Posts
There may be a cotter pin clip type thingy :mrgreen: on the top back side of the cover. If you remove the side cover and look down on the backside of the lower cover you should see the clip. Should be able to get it with some needle nose plyers. That is assuming it's the same as my Aero.
Same thing as my Spirit took me a few mins to figure that one out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK Thanks! So I need to take off the cover next to the cover I want off to see this clip, rite?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Remove the plastic painted side cover just below the seat. This will allow you to better see the clip. The clip should be at the top rear of the cover you want to get off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remove the plastic painted side cover just below the seat. This will allow you to better see the clip. The clip should be at the top rear of the cover you want to get off.
I'll check it out when I return to FL in 2 weeks. Thanks!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts