Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for an 87 shadow 700, but likely applies in general to all bikes with a center stand. are there any "tricks" to getting them on their center stand?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
17,972 Posts
I just "taught" Chickenman how to get his (new to him) Goldwing up onto the center stand...
Push down with your full weight in this center stand/"lever" - steady the Bike and lift...
Lift directly above the centerstand, while pushing down/standing on the leverage of the center stand and your lifting to "separate" the two...
Hopefully I chose the right words here...
Not much lift required, really...
More pull the Bike back onto it really...
^^EDIT^^
Yeah he asked excitedly, ""How`d you do that?"" when it looked as simple as it is... :D

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ummm...i think i get it. i've been trying to rock it front to back, push the lever on the stand down hard, and pull and push (the stand) at the same time. took me four tries. oi

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
I'm trying to recall my years with my Kaw KZ900 which had a center/ maintenance stand. If I remember right, stand somewhat square facing the bike use your left foot on the stand peg and push down so the stand makes even contact with the ground surface and then pull back on the bike to lock the stand in place. I remember using my right foot instead one time and lost the balance.

·
Registered
740 Posts
If ever you need to fight the bike and really rag and pull at it, you're doing it wrong.

Good advice above!

I'd also add that you should make sure it is actually on its 2 feet before begining the lift, just to be safe so give it a little "rock" check first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts