Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,535 Posts
This will be my first year going, so if anyone else will be there let me know. Its on Sunday April 24th. :grin2:
Be safe!
I quit going to these large group events because you don't know who you're riding with; but most important, you don't know their skill level.

In my case, the reason I quit doing these events is because I witnessed one biker take out five other bikes about ten minutes into the ride when he lost control of his bike.

I've never been to the Gibralter event, maybe it doesn't involve a group ride. But if it does involve a group ride, be very alert of those bikers around you. They might be on their very first ride, with little or no experience and you'd never even know it......

Phil

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I believe you are right computerjoe. I was there as a vendor last year. about 4 hours of milling around, looking at bikes, checking out vendors, etc.
You do have to watch out leaving though. At one of the bike nights last year they had 1 young person lay his bike down in the parking lot with nothing around while showing off.
If you want to fit in you have to have a loud exhaust and keep blipping the throttle as you look around with a big grin to see who is looking at you.
I am waiting for a reply from pastor Randy to see if I can get a vendor space. If I do I will be there, just look for the large gremlin bell display.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kewl now I atleast have one vendor I must see. I definitely have loud pipes on now but thinking of taking baffles out of stock ones. Looking forward to going and checking it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.