Honda Shadow Forums banner

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Fixing the master cylinder and now i have the line to deal with. Ordered new fork seals and should be here whenever probably in a month

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I replaced both my brake lines and the clutch line with stainless steel gafer lines and new banjo bolts and crush washers. Will not have any leaks from those.
Did you run the stainless steel line all the way to the shifter? or did you use the pre existing metal section ?

·
Registered
115 Posts
My bike is still disassembled from painting everything. I will start reassembly in the next week or 2. I still have to finish wet sanding and polishing the fenders and paint the tank and side boxes.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not yet. I do know that it is the same length as the OEM line because I have them next to each other. I can snap a picture of the 2 lines together when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
56 Posts
thats pretty cool. The fork seals i ordered online from all balls. But with the covid thing it will take forever to get here.
I realize my clutch master cylinder hose is leaking too.
I haven't been impressed with the 'All Balls fork seals. Have replaced them twice in my '83 in the last 3 years and the puddle under my front wheel now says I have to do them again. Fork surfaces aren't pitted or rusty at all and were spotlessly clean when I assembled them. I'm going to see if my local dealer can come up with some OE seals this time.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry work got busy. Here is a picture of the clutch galfer line. You can see that they are the same length. But the Galfer line is one line all the way it dose not change from rubber to steel, so no weak points.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Why is your back seat so damn tall?!? Damn. Who ever had that bike before you added to that thing. It should not be that tall. It makes it look silly.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
yeah not intot hat big sissy back rest thing. I thinki thats what they call it. I want to remove it, but i need to figure out how to do it. It's very old school. The only good use of it is to hold a bag for touring. Thanks for the brake image. I ordered a brake line and hopefully will be here tomorrow!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #93

·
Registered
453 Posts
yeah not intot hat big sissy back rest thing. I thinki thats what they call it. I want to remove it, but i need to figure out how to do it. It's very old school. The only good use of it is to hold a bag for touring. Thanks for the brake image. I ordered a brake line and hopefully will be here tomorrow!
The reason the older seats were set up to be that tall was so that the tiny females that invariably found themselves on the back of your bike would be able to SEE from a higher position. Otherwise many simply were restricted of view by the big guy's shoulders.

Although eventually with time one finds a different use for the tall rear section...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
By passing the relay again. My fuel pump relay came in, plugged it in and it seems that it won't work. So going back to the bypass

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Lol thats great. I bet you get some crazy looks with that!

The reason the older seats were set up to be that tall was so that the tiny females that invariably found themselves on the back of your bike would be able to SEE from a higher position. Otherwise many simply were restricted of view by the big guy's shoulders.

Although eventually with time one finds a different use for the tall rear section...
View attachment 287446

81 - 100 of 109 Posts