Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my biggest fears is going down in the middle of an intersection and here in FL they have some real nasty, dirty and sandy intersections. You seem to always tip toe through a few of the bad ones.

Yesterday I was heading to the bank and there at a busy intersection on HWY 19 are prisoners with brooms sweeping up the corners and cleaning the pavement. They had piles of dirt and sand swept up when I got there. I couldn't believe how much crap gets deposited on roads.

I was glad to see the intersections getting cleaned and also very happy to see our tax dollars put to good use by using prisoner labor.

Chris

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Now imagine if you were somewhere up north where they actually applied the sand to the roads for traction...and not have mother nature place it there for you. That is why some of our northern brothers and sisters don't get to ride until later in the year...they are waiting for the rain to wash the roads off.

I do like the idea of using prisoners to clean up the streets. More places need to start doing that. (And on that note, I will step away from my soapbox BEFORE I actually climb up on it... :twisted: )

Joe

·
Registered
521 Posts
Spirit_1100 said:
I do like the idea of using prisoners to clean up the streets. More places need to start doing that. (And on that note, I will step away from my soapbox BEFORE I actually climb up on it... :twisted: )

Joe
I'm with ya Joe - but , I too, shall shy away from that soap box.

·
Registered
144 Posts
We got it

We have had some heavy rain here lately. The sand is almost gone, but there are still some very trickly places. Thankfully I know most of them and take a slow roll approach. There calling for some more heavy rains later today into tommorow. Then the weather suppose to break this weekend. :D

I 2nd the chain gang!

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Joe, I stopped short of saying my true feelings. :) I didn't want to start a war here over prisoner rights. :)

But I think I know what YOU mean and I am sure you know what I am thinking. ......lol

Chris

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Christopher said:
Well Joe, I stopped short of saying my true feelings. :) I didn't want to start a war here over prisoner rights. :)

But I think I know what YOU mean and I am sure you know what I am thinking. ......lol

Chris
Yes...I think we are in agreement on this topic. :wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
225 Posts
in oklahoma we have a huge prision population...

and we never clean the intersections...

and if you wreck your car or bike due to road conditions you can get a ticket for inattention to driving....

and if you don't pay that ticket, you go to jail....

(which might account for the jail population)

·
Registered
318 Posts
if i was in prison, i would love the chance to get outside and watch pretty girls in convertibles go by! it would be worth it for the work to do. hell, i just spent a day raking/sweeping the sand and gravel off of our lawn and sidewalks. and then i had to make myself dinner, it wasn't made for me! sounds like it could be worse, always look on the bright side, blah blah blah.

the sand is finally washing off the roads up here, except the shady backroads which i still have to avoid. they cleaned the roads a few weeks, ago, and then we had ANOTHER blizzard, so more sand on the road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.