Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fortunate enough to live in a place where there is so much history and beautiful sights to see. Today I went to one of my favorite places; Hull, Ma/Nantasket Beach. (Pics in order of ride.)
Below is my Shadow getting a great parking spot. Ten feet to the left, that bottle of water would have cost me $20 bucks in parking...seriously. What you see over her is the remnants of the old Paragon Park (clicky linky). As a kid, I would go here every summer for the old wooden roller coaster. The shops were boardwalk style...

Next is the obligatory beach shot. I actually proposed to my wife right there some 17 years before. Great beach! I might add that there were some wonderful sights of the female variety today not depicted in this shot!!

Next we go to Ft. Revere, (clicky linky) quite a historical place for our nation. I sit here for hours sometimes to think and look. I wish they'd trim those trees again. There are many small islands in the background. This is a naval battleground.

There is an awesome flag there that has been the subject of many of my amateur photo shoots. It's on one of the highest points in Hull...

Now some of the Fort itself...

You can walk through these tunnels. They're actually rooms for quartering and operations. There are fireplaces with smokestacks that go through the dirt and grass you see there. The flat raised areas are where huge cannons would be mounted.

The cannons were so massive that they would need to be tied to the walls via the rings (If you look close, you can see these rings on the walls) and chain.

Just and outstanding view from an amazing place. The graffiti drives me nuts. One of the cool mind boggling things to me is that this is wide open for visits. It is a hidden jewel, so it is almost always not crowded.

Click through those links to learn a little about this wicked pissa place. One of the many reasons I choose to live in Massachusetts.

I hope you enjoy looking, a fraction of the amount I do, going there.

-Matty

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
I am fortunate enough to live in a place where there is so much history and beautiful sights to see. Today I went to one of my favorite places; Hull, Ma/Nantasket Beach. (Pics in order of ride.)
Below is my Shadow getting a great parking spot. Ten feet to the left, that bottle of water would have cost me $20 bucks in parking...seriously. What you see over her is the remnants of the old Paragon Park (clicky linky). As a kid, I would go here every summer for the old wooden roller coaster. The shops were boardwalk style...

Next is the obligatory beach shot. I actually proposed to my wife right there some 17 years before. Great beach! I might add that there were some wonderful sights of the female variety today not depicted in this shot!!

Next we go to Ft. Revere, (clicky linky) quite a historical place for our nation. I sit here for hours sometimes to think and look. I wish they'd trim those trees again. There are many small islands in the background. This is a naval battleground.

There is an awesome flag there that has been the subject of many of my amateur photo shoots. It's on one of the highest points in Hull...

Now some of the Fort itself...

You can walk through these tunnels. They're actually rooms for quartering and operations. There are fireplaces with smokestacks that go through the dirt and grass you see there. The flat raised areas are where huge cannons would be mounted.

The cannons were so massive that they would need to be tied to the walls via the rings (If you look close, you can see these rings on the walls) and chain.

Just and outstanding view from an amazing place. The graffiti drives me nuts. One of the cool mind boggling things to me is that this is wide open for visits. It is a hidden jewel, so it is almost always not crowded.

Click through those links to learn a little about this wicked pissa place. One of the many reasons I choose to live in Massachusetts.

I hope you enjoy looking, a fraction of the amount I do, going there.

-Matty
graffiti drives me nuts too, especially on a century or so old covered bridge

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
My girlfriend is from Hull originally, She keeps saying we have to take a ride up there this summer. Now I can see why.

Dauntae

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments. I posted the bunch of pics because I didn't think one or two of them did any justice. I am very biased, but I think this is one ride that is awesome, beautiful and historic. Not to mention filled with winding smooth roads. The ride is about as good as the destination. Routes 228 and 3a are just picturesque. I only wish I could snap shots of the homes I drive by on the ride.

How about going by, on the fourth of July, a home that is a hundred years older than the Declaration of Independence...seriously?!?!?!?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.